The Ourwatch membership system is the perfect place to organise your Ward Panel. If your ward panel is run and organised by the voluntary chair, you can do the following to run a ward panel effectively.
- Create an Ourwatch membership, if you don’t already have one.
- Create a group in a location of your choice and name it SNT Ward Panel …..name of area. The location for each ward panel must be placed within the SNT Ward area.
- the borough association if there is no police admin on the system or
- the police admin if on the system
- When you are verified, either by the borough association or the police admin, you can then use the SNT Ward Panel group fully and decide whether to show the group on a map or keep it hidden.
- You can now add all your ward panel members to your group, with their permission
- send communications to your group
- Keep all important documents like minutes on your doc storage, which is useful for future use.
- If you are an area MSA, you can keep templates on the system for easy sending.
- If you are a Ward panel main coordinator, you can also create a mailing list to forward and share communications on various social media platforms or by email.
- If police are subscribed as admins, they can use the admin panel to send messages to your ward panel and/or any watch groups, subscribers in the area chosen.
See the Ward Panel handbook