Scam emails have been sent impersonating the NHS, regarding applying for a Covid vaccine passport. One had the email subject “We are happy to introduce Digital Coronavirus Passports” the contents is as follows;
Clicking on the “Get Digital Passport” link takes you to a convincing but fake NHS website that asks for personal and payment details. (For a “process fee”)
The website has since been taken down, but to reiterate your vaccination status is obtained FREE through the NHS App, NHS website or via phoning the NHS on 119.
How to get your COVID-19 vaccination status
There are different ways to get your COVID-19 vaccination status:
Get a digital version
You can get a digital version using the NHS App or NHS website. You will need to set up an NHS login to do this.
Digital versions can be downloaded as a pdf or sent to you in an email.
You can get a digital version by:
- downloading the NHS App – you must be registered with a GP surgery in England to use the app
- visiting the COVID-19 status service
Get a paper version
(You can request a letter 5 days after having your 2nd dose of the vaccine.)
- You can ask for a paper version of your COVID-19 vaccination status to be sent to you in the post.
- You should get this within 5 working days.
You can get a paper version by:
- requesting a letter online
- Calling the NHS on 119
More information can be found on the gov.uk website;