- is less likely to get involved with criminals
- is less likely to be exploited by criminals
- is probably less paranoid
- will help improve community safety
Community anonymity can help produce paranoia in people, so that school children for example may believe those who tell them they need knives to protect themselves because there is danger around. That myth can be broken down by simply talking to neighbours and this connection produces a greater feeling of security in people and also children.
Saying Hello can bring so many advantages like
- community cohesion
- harmonious relationships
- helping each other out and that in turn can lead to a reduction in the carbon footprint because if neighbours who know each other can help each other out, they all need to purchase less and throw less away.
Isolated people are more likely to fall victim to scammers of all kind. Scammers collect money from people, which avoids taxation. Every penny spent on a scammer is a penny less for our NHS, our schools and our police services.
Criminals target lonely, vulnerable people to use their homes to store drugs, weapons, as base for heists, storing explosives.
If they see that neighbours talk to each other, they would not bother invading your community. Every property used by criminals makes our communities weaker.
We want our co-ordinators to get to know their neighbours. Start a watch in your block, your street and once you got to know those neighbours, start to get to know other co-ordinators and combine efforts, run events and make your community stronger.
Apply for membership in the Tower Hamlets Neighbourhood Watch Association