Tower Hamlets Council, has made changes to Safer Neighbourhood Operations (SNO) team. Click through to our page about ASB prevention to see full details with tips how to report and deal with the issue, if it affects you and/or your neighbours.
The borough has been divided into four main areas
- Yellow area
- Bethnal Green East
- Bethnal Green West
- Spitalfields and Banglatown
- Red area
- Stepney Green
- St. Katherine’s & Wapping
- Pink area
- Bow West
- Bow East
- Bromley North
- Bromley South
- St. Dunstans
- Mile End
- Blue area
- Canary Wharf
- Blackwell & Cubitt Town
- Island Gardens
All four areas have dedicated Tower Hamlets ASB officers. Your Met Police SNT Ward areas stay the same. See details here.
The borough council services will include
- Community Engagement Bus, as base for patrolling officers from both council and police officers.
- CCTV Van
- Six mobile CCTV cameras, which can change location and be fixed to various areas of concern
- Five knife bins
- Three Neighbourhood Enforcement & Treatment (NET) officers
- Additional Tower Hamlets Enforcement Officers (THEOs) – focussing on youth and women’s safety
- Hostel Relations Manager – for a link between Brick Lane and wider partnership, also to effectively manage complex dug users
- Women’s safety walks. You may also ask for Walks & Talks with police officers and use the Streetsafe facility on the Met Police website.